TIP OF THE WEEK
INTERNET SAFETY ALERT
FBI INTERNET CRIME COMPLAINT CENTER
ARE YOU A SAFE INTERNET USER?
You may be at RISK if you answer “YES” to any of the following questions:
- Do you visit websites by clicking on links within an email?
- Do you reply to emails from companies or persons you are not familar with?
- Have you received packages to hold or ship to someone you met on the internet?
- Have you been asked to cash checks and wire funds to an employer you met online?
- Would you cash checks or money orders received through an online transaction without first confirming their ligitimacy?
- Would you provide your personal/banking information as a result of an email notification?
Don’t be an internet crime victim!
For more information and to test your online practices, visit:
To report an online crime visit: www.IC3.gov
Remember your Phone Call, Text-A-Tip or Web Tip can make a difference.
540-582-5822 or 800-928-5822
Text: “See911″ with your tip To: 274637